Please note that reference to ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to Happy Confident Me and Best of Parenting Ltd and includes both our website and app facilities.
If you are concerned about any of the information we hold about you, wish for us to delete information held about you or would like to know about what information we hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
General Information regarding our use of your data
- Happy Confident Me and the Happy Confident Me Club provide a platform for families to find the best resources to be happier, more confident and more harmonious.
- We do not share your personal information, including your email address and other contact details, with third parties.
- We do not permit third parties to collect personal information about you from our website or app.
- We do not sell your information on to third parties.
Information we may collect and process from you
- Your use of Happy Confident Me means that you automatically provide us with certain information, including your name, email address and other information which you choose to provide to us during your use of our site.
- We collect information about the users you connect with and your interactions with them.
- We also collect contact information or other information which you provide to us.
- We may also collect content and information which other users provide about you.
- We may retain a record of correspondence should you contact us.
- Should we ask you to complete surveys or quizzes, we may collect and process the information provided. Please note, such surveys and quizzes will be voluntary.
- However, we also receive information which is recorded automatically through your use of Happy Confident Me, which may include the following:
Log Data: our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, date and time of your request and your use of Happy Confident Me;
- Device Information: we may also collect information about the device you use to access Happy Confident Me, including device type, the operating system you use, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. The amount of information collected depends on the device used, and also the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Our use of your information
- Information collected about you is used to help us to provide our products to you, help improve our services and develop new products and understand our users.
- We may also use information collected for the following reasons;
– To send updates, including newsletters and marketing materials and other information that we consider may be of interest to you;
– To respond to your questions.
– Your information may be shown to other users, in order to provide you and other users with the best use of Happy Confident Me. You must not share other user’s information without the user’s permission, nor provide such information from Happy Confident Me to third party marketers. Breach of this clause may result in the termination of your use of Trusted Parents.
– We will share information where necessary in order to comply with legal duties, for the protection of the public, where we suspect fraudulent activity or as otherwise necessary.
– Where we engage in any acquisition, merger, bankruptcy, dissolution, re-organisation or otherwise transaction, we may transfer your information in accordance with this policy.
How to control what information we collect
- You are able to contact us at any time to discuss or change information collected about you.
- We may retain information within our server logs, databases and records as may be required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- You may also be able to amend the information we are able to collect by changing the settings on the device you use to access Happy Confident Me.
- Happy Confident Me will not collect information relating to minors. Where you suspect a minor (any person under the age of 18) has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.
- We are a Data Controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, which means we control what happens to personal data we collect. For this purpose, we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- We will securely store and process any personal data which you provide to us.
- We recognise and adhere to the Data Protection Principles contained within the Data Protection Act 1998, including the following (except where you consent otherwise or this policy is amended):
– We will endeavour to keep your personal data updated;
– We will endeavour to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful access or accidental loss or destruction using reasonable measures (notwithstanding clause 5.1 applies);
- Whilst we use reasonable security measures regarding your data provision, we may inadvertently use or disclose your data in ways inconsistent with this policy, including software issues which may lead to public display of your personal data. We are not liable for such incidents, but will endeavour to resolve such issues as soon as reasonably possible. We cannot guarantee that your personal data will not be improperly accessed.
- Where third parties have access to our databases and therefore your data, we may allow third parties to place or recognize a cookie and collect and use data (including personally identifiable information). We are not responsible for the collection and/or use of data by such third parties.
- We may amend this policy from time to time.
- Where such changes occur, we will revise this page and inform you when the policy was last updated, except where we are required by law to obtain your consent to such changes.
- You are deemed to have accepted such changes upon your first use of Happy Confident Me following the amendments (except where consent is to be expressly obtained where required by law)